Woodend was first surveyed in 1836 by Major Thomas Mitchell, who opened it up for settlement. On 28 March 1861 a 6 acre, 1 rood, 24 perch site was Gazetted for a Cemetery for the township.
The Trustees of the Cemetery were Gazetted on 3 April 1861, with a register commencing in 1862. This register contained details of who bought plots and where they are located within the Cemetery.
On 3 November 1931 an official Burial Register was commenced. The first burial in the lawn section of the Cemetery was in 1975, and in 1978 the Columbarium Wall was completed.
Woodend Cemetery is a multi-denominational and non-denominational Cemetery, comprising three monumental sections, two lawn sections, and a beam section for burials. Cremation interments are within the Columbarium Wall and the Memorial Rose Garden.
Fees charged for interments and the purchase of plots are used for the upkeep and maintenance of the Cemetery.
The Trust consists of 6 members and the Secretary. The Department of Health appoints members to the Trust. These members udertake their roles on a voluntary basis.
Tel. Mob 0417 011 300 Email. firstname.lastname@example.org